Update: Consultants for Feasibility Study Selected

Your Fundraising Search Team has now completed its primary goal of identifying a firm to lead us in a feasibility study. The feasibility study will allow us to determine what capacity we have to raise funds. These answers will help inform our decision for construction/renovation of our permanent home. We thank you for your patience as we carefully weighed each of the proposals. After carefully and thoroughly conducting our due diligence, we confidently and unanimously selected Coxe Curry and Associates.

We believe that Coxe Curry and Associates will succeed in delivering the best possible results based on the firm's reputation, congregational familiarity and history with UUCA, diversity in their staff, and the interactions we had with them during an incredible in-person interview. These hard to measure intangibles coupled with quantifiable items such as a higher level of service in the way of writing services, participation by senior leadership at CC&A such as David Eidson, along with their stellar references cemented the certainty in the committee's recommendation.

The Fundraising Search Team efforts began on January 15, 2019, and concluded on March 22, 2019. The recommendation was forwarded along with the accumulated data to the Finance Committee of the Board on March 25, 2019. After the second round of due diligence, the Finance Committee delivered their unanimous recommendation to the Board of Trustees on March 28, 2019. After a third and final round of vetting, the Board of Trustees agreed unanimously to hire Coxe Curry and Associates on Monday, April 1, 2019. The Fundraising Search Team negotiated the original proposed cost of $42K - 45K down to $38K - $41K. We are still investigating areas in which we may be able to lower the price further and will do so if and when possible. The funding for the study will come from the Project Phoenix funds initially and reimbursed out of any fundraising proceeds forthcoming. Complete information regarding this process is available in the Project Phoenix binder.

We are now finalizing the agreement, and you can expect more updates in the coming weeks regarding the start date of the study. I'll also be reaching out through the weekly update to set expectations as we start this next chapter of our journey together.

Bryce Thomason

Finance Trustee